SOL- ELLUS 4
Product Code: SOL- ELLUS 4
Product Status: available
ELLUS 4 - A world of new possibilities
The Ellus 4 is our new LTF / EN-B project, fitting best to advanced beginners who challenge new horizon and leisure pilots with plain climbing ambitions.
The experience from SOL on technology of 2 and 3 lines-conception, based on a new software permits a more precise and more compact construction with 3 risers only.
The result is an evident gain in performance (ca. 0.5 glide) and speed compared to its precursor.
Its climbing skills and enhanced resources for long sustaining flights are benefiting the most demanding pilots of this class.
• 2 more cells with more precise construction;
• 3 risers and 15% less line consume;
• 15 cm narrow risers;
• more compact canopy in relation to real x projected A/R;
• reinforcements in batten technology + Diax Carbon.
Available in 4 sizes LTF / EN-B certified.
PHOTO GALLERY - Click on the pictures to view Photo Gallery.
(*) Glider performance depends of position of the pilot and the aerodynamic style of the harness.
The Ellus 4 presents:
• Top and bottom design;
• Riser for big ears;
• Diagonal bands to reduce weight and the number of lines;
• Profile reinforcement in Carbon/Mylar;
• Reinforcements in batten technology;
• Opening on the stabilizers to remove dirt;
• Panels, profiles and parts cut by laser.
O Ellus 4 uses SOL technologies for performance and comfort.
Its higher aspect ratio allows a more precise piloting both to active pilots who like to use the body, as well as to passive pilots who prefer to act using the brakes. This characteristic allows a great performance in weak and strong thermals, while stability is maintained.
• Long and tolerating brake length;
• Excellent and precise handling;
• High internal pressure;
• Stability in full speed;
• Light reactions in extreme conditions;
• Good passive safety;
• Excellent take off characteristics, even in nil wind;
• Comfortable piloting;
• Good behaviour in thermals.
ELLUS 4 COMES WITH
• Big deluxe backpack;
• Internal protection bag;
• Compression strap;
• Risers' protection sack;
• Wind sock;
• Basic repair kit;
• Speed bar;
• User's Manual;
• Measuring Tape to check the distance between.
The Ellus 4 is a certified LTF EN-B.
Click on the sizes to see the test results:
Since 1991 SOL has been producing and following the evolution of materials and products. Our experience makes us choose the materials carefully, thus guaranteeing a good stability and a high safety level. All SOL paragliders are manufactured in our own plant, certified by DHV.
Top/Bottom: WTX 40 - 40 g/m2
Profiles/Diagonal: Pro Nyl 42 g/m2 rip stop PU coated
Reinforcements: Mylar Diax 60/120 P
-1,1 mm Cousin Dyneema
-1,1 mm Cousin Superaram
-1,5 mm Cousin Superaram
-2,1 mm Cousin Superaram
Risers: Fitanew 15 X 2,0 mm Flat Multi 1600kg
Carabiners: Ansung Precision 4mm 800kg